Friday, September 23, 2011

The Family That Tattoo's Together...


About a week ago I was in North Carolina, visiting my parents. Prior to the visit I had discussed my next tattoo idea with my dad, and asked him to come up with a design.
I have been challenged and growing in my faith. I wanted something to mark this stage of my life, and act as a constant reminder for when times get tough. I wanted an ichthus and a cross, both which are very symbolic in Christianity. I didn't want it to be cheesy and super religious, even though I do believe in Christ, I do not believe in religion. Religion is not viewed how it should be any longer {but this is a whole separate topic}. 
Anyways, I knew my dad would have an awesome design, and he did! This is what he came up with:

On Tuesday my dad set up an appointment at Warlock's which is a tattoo shop in Raleigh. But it wasn't just me getting the tattoo. My mom and dad wanted it as well! 
{Side note: This is not a first for my family. We have been tattooing together for years. My dad even has a slogan: "The family that tattoo's together stays together." And, that's us!}   
I decided to document this bonding moment. I must admit, my parents are the coolest and very hip.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment